Welcome to the CTA-LGBTQC+ Caucus!
Welcome to the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer+ Caucus of the California Teachers Association (CTA-LGBTQC). The Caucus meets quarterly at State Council and as needed at regional leadership conferences and other state wide events.
The LGBTQ+ Caucus goals:
- To ensure the safety of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer+ students and staff in California public schools;
- To protect the rights and interests of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer+ members of the Association and their supporters;
- To promote recognition of the special needs and rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer+ youth; and
- To advance understanding and acceptance of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer+ people in all areas of society.
The LGBTQ+ Caucus exists to:
- Educate and lobby State Council and CTA Leadership on issues of importance to the Caucus including taking positions on existing or pending legislation and enacting policy consistent with the Caucus's goals;
- Interview, endorse and work to elect candidates for CTA/NEA leadership positions who are supportive of the Caucus's goals;
- Coordinate individual action in areas of interest to promote the goals of the Caucus; and
- Act as a forum for Caucus members to connect on issues relating to our group.
Membership is open to all CTA/NEA Members, their spouses and domestic partners, and others supporting the Caucus and it's goals.
While recognized by CTA, the LGBTQ+ Caucus is NOT an official part of CTA.